About Us News Archive Cymraeg
Peter Toms.jpg
With only three games of action in Tier 2 this weekend, we roundup all the action from the JD Cymru North and the JD Cymru South. 


STM Sports 3-4 Briton Ferry Llansawel

Briton Ferry Llansawel recovered from 2-0 down after three minutes to pick up a valuable away win against STM Sports on Saturday.

Sam Baker’s own goal opened the scoring for the hosts, before Lamin Conteh doubled their lead within a minute.

But, Briton Ferry responded on 16 minutes through a Mark Jones penalty.

They say lightning doesn’t strike twice, but it struck three times during the match as the former Carmarthen forward netted twice more in the second half, both from the penalty spot to complete his hat-trick.

But the comeback was complete on 80 minutes when substitute Tyler Brock came on to net the winner with 10 minutes remaining.


Swansea University 3-2 Llanelli Town

Swansea University mounted a second half comeback to turn over title challengers Llanelli Town in their JD Cymru South fixture.

Nathan Logan’s first half double saw the Reds go into the break in the ascendancy, but the Students came back fighting in the second period.

William Toms reduced the deficit on 66 minutes, before he added a second on 79 minutes. But, the hosts claimed all three points in injury time when Arion Julian Sobers-Assue was on hand to bag the final, but decisive goal of the game at Sketty Park.


Rhyl 0-3 Colwyn Bay

Colwyn Bay made it five games unbeaten on Saturday as they turned over JD Cymru North opposition Rhyl at Belle Vue.

With the game in doubt due to severe weather conditions, much praise must be handed to the groundsman for getting this league fixture the green light.

But, Colwyn Bay soon dissipated any early joy, as Damian Ketley opened the scoring for the visitors after just three minutes.

Rhyl did put up a spirited display, and with the game only 1-0 at the break, there was cause for optimism of a second half comeback.

However, Sion Edwards netted after 51 minutes to increase the Seagulls’ advantage. Thomas McCready failed from the penalty spot to increase the lead further, but the disappointment was soon forgotten when Mitchell Bryant bagged a late goal to give Craig Hogg’s men all three points.

Related News

IMG_2515 (1).JPG

Match Official Appointments: 21-22 February

Read more

Match Official Appointments - 14-15 February

Read more

January monthly award shortlists and December monthly winners announced

Read more
Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now